The customer experience is not just limited to your eCommerce storefront; it relates to the customer journey from shopping to checkout to the final shipping and delivery of the product to the customer’s house.
To compete in the 2020 retail market, customer experience is to be seen as a series of touchpoints and is very important in creating an impression of your brand on the customer’s mind.
Even though there are factors out of your control, here are the crucial 11 steps that help you to make sure that customers have a great experience while shopping on your eCommerce store.
1. Understand Your Customers
Most of the online stores prepare reports at the start of the business regarding understanding the customers and plan accordingly. Customer ideas change from time to time, and retailers have to be prepared to respond to the latest trends and requirements of customers.
Tips to understand your customer better
- Engage with the customers by giving them a chance to present their valuable feedback.
- Always pay attention to the customer journey on your store and find out where they are dropping out from purchasing.
Insert forms on the website to obtain feedback from your customers. You can get more feedbacks by just asking your customers how they are doing and so on through post-purchase e-mail communications.
2. Make Your Products Easy to Discover
Customers come to your store for various products, and you should provide a better experience by helping them to find the required products quickly and easily. Products should be available on the home page as well as the categories page.
Think about product categorization and filtering to make it easy for your customers in finding their requirements
- Categorize Products: Similar products are referred to like groups, and depending on the type of products you are selling, you can prepare product categories. For example, if you are selling apparel, then customers search by type of cloth or occasion. So you should structure the categories in such a way so that your customers can explore the products easily.
- Use Filtering Options: Customers also choose products based on various filters like brand, price, color, size, and other attributes. There might be many choices displayed for a particular brand or other filters, but researches say that it is easy for the customer to decide when there are fewer choices.
3. Craft Convertible eCommerce Product Pages
The best product page includes detailed information about the product. Do not overwhelm the page with unnecessary details. Just give the basic information like material, size, weight, color, dimensions, etc. These simple details will make decision making faster. You could also highlight the benefits of the products to make them feel that it is the right choice.
4. Highlight Positive Reviews and Customer Feedback
Product reviews are most important for any online store, and in the present scenario, purchase decisions are made after reading the reviews. Even if the customer knows about products, they go through the reviews before purchasing, so you must highlight positive reviews and obtain feedback from the customers after a new purchase.
5. Educate Your Customers With a Blog
When your customer is looking for a new product or something unfamiliar, then you should make them comfortable by providing the necessary information. It is always said that content is the king, and it can help to convert the confusion of customers into purchasing.
6. Implement Mobile-First Design
The present generation is making most of their purchases on the mobile itself. If you want to capture the mobile market, then your site should be mobile-friendly. Responsive design makes your site to adjust on the mobile screen and also have the same functionality as a desktop site.
7. Make the Site Look Personal
By creating a personal experience for your customers while shopping makes them loyal to your brand. Address your buyers by their name in e-mail communications, and it makes a huge impact. Based on the previous purchases, you could make some suggestions for better products.
8. Provide Single Page Checkout Options
An ideal checkout process should be simple, fast, and should include most of the payment options. Avoid the filling of information twice, like billing address and the shipping address, if both are the same. Most of your customers find it frustrating to fill information, so you could give an option of creating an account containing all the necessary information like address, etc. Once the customer is registered, then the address is automatically detected.
9. Send Explicit E-mails to the Customers
A “Confirm Purchase” button is not the final step in customer experience. After payment, keep the customer keeping informed about the status of the order and send an explicit e-mail having all the details of post-purchase. You can also provide options for order tracking on your website.
10. Pack Beautifully and Ship Faster
When the eCommerce evolved years ago, the delivery was seen as a significant risk, and it took days for the product to reach the buyer. But the present generations are expecting more and not willing to wait for 7-10 for the delivery of online purchased products. The ecommerce companies have also reduced the delivery time from days to hours.
11. Provide Effective and Timely Customer Support
Customers are expecting speed answers for their questions and proving the best customer support is an effective way of boosting the customer experience. According to some surveys, an immediate response is defined as 30 minutes by most of the users.
Some of the other tips for better customer experience
- Include your business address on every page
- Try to integrate chatbot for live chatting with users
- Engage with your customers on social media
In 2020, Customer experience is the key brand differentiator for eCommerce businesses. And it entirely depends on how your customers experience your brand. So, you must continually invest in improving the aspects that make your customers enjoy shopping with your eCommerce store.
At Ayatas Technologies, we build memorable eCommerce customer experiences that help your brand and business in sustainable growth over time. Want to develop an active online store with compelling customer experience? Get in Touch with us to know more details or to get answered your questions. You can also schedule a free demo of your online store here.